What I do
In addition to my research activities, I teach both undergraduate and graduate classes at the Lamont School of Music. I have served as a chair and as a member of a variety of committees, including faculty search committees, third-year review, and tenure and promotion committees. A positive recommendation for my promotion to full professor is now with the Provost.
- Ph.D., Musicology, Washington University, St. Louis, 1990
- MA, Musicology, Adams State College, 1976
- American Musicological Society
- Society for Seventeenth-Century Music
- Phi Beta Kappa
- American Handel Society
- Fulbright Organization
- Actrices et acteurs comme muses chez Lully et Campra
- How Do You Solve a Problem Like Lully's Amadis?
- An Opera Troupe's Power in the Invention of a Genre: Jean-Baptiste Lully's Académie Royale de Musique
- Two Actrices, Conflicted Emotions, Spectators, and an Upstaged Hero: Lully and Quinault's Thésée