What I do
I teach art at the University of Denver. As a printmaker, art and environment focus my creative research where I use lithography, drawing and combined processes to talk about the west and human interaction with our landscape.
Printmaking and teaching combine at the University of Denver, where Chauvin is an associate professor. Catherine trained at the Tamarind Institute, earning Master Printer Certification, after receiving an MFA in printmaking at Syracuse University.
As a master printer, she has collaborated with many artists including Jaune Quick-to-See Smith, William Wiley, Enrique Chagoya and Gladys Nilsson in New Mexico, Texas and at Anderson Ranch Arts Center (ARAC) in Snowmass Village, Colorado, where she was the master printer in residence 1998-2000.
- Other, Lithography/ Printmaking, Tamarind Institute / University of New Mexico, 1996
- MFA, Fine Art/Studio Art/ Printmaking, Syracuse University, 1991
- BFA, Studio Art / Printmaking, Miami University, 1988
- Mid American Print Council
- Southern Graphics Council International
- Rocky Mountain Print Alliance
Human altered landscapes.
- Douro region, Portugal
- Sheridan, WY US
- Redline Exhibition Space, Denver, CO
- Clyfford Still, Works on Paper/Lithography
- Collaborative and Personal Work