What I do
Assistant Professor of Medieval and Pre-Modern History.
- Ph.D., Medieval History, University of California, Berkeley, 2014
- MA, Medieval History, University of California, Berkeley, 2006
- BA, Liberal Arts, Medieval Studies, Sarah Lawrence College, 2005
- American Historical Association
- Medieval Academy of America
While my current book project focuses specifically on interaction and engagement between Vikings and Franks, it is part of a larger research agenda aimed at understanding how medieval peoples and states communicated, interacted, and impacted each other often across great conceptual and spatial distances.
- To Whom Shall I Complain: Franks and Vikings After the Treaty of Verdun
- From Carolingian Altars to Scottish Fields: Trading, Raiding, and Gift Giving in the Viking Age
- Slavery in the Viking Age: The Role of Human Commodities in North Sea Cultural Networks
- Sartorial Self-Fashioning: Clothing and Cross-Cultural Contact in the Viking Age
- Wayfaring Strangers – North Sea Merchants During the Viking Age