Visiting Teaching Asst. Prof
What I do
I am a visiting teaching assistant professor in film studies and production. My primary specialties are directing, editing, producing, and writing for film. I also teach film criticism and other production specializations.
Jeremy Dehn studied Chinese in college and worked as a translator and a journalist in Asia before returning to The States to study film production at the University of Texas at Austin. He is an award-winning writer, director, and editor, and a New York Times published writer. His films have been called "brilliant" by MovieMaker Magazine and "absurdly fun" by The Denver Post, and The Black List said his writing has "a smart, often biting, sense of humor."
- MFA, film production, University of Texas at Austin, 2007
- BA, Chinese language & literature, University of Colorado at Boulder, 1997
- Audience Award, Austin Film Festival
- Best Editor, Cyprus International Film Festival
- Best Comedy Short, Out Here Now Kansas City LGBT Film Festival
- Semi-finalist, Seattle International Film Festival
- Top Script, The Black List