What I do
Teaching Professor of French
Coordinator of Elementary French Program
I was born and educated in New England. As a student at Middlebury College in Vermont, I studied at the Johannes Gutenberg Universität in Mainz, Germany and at the Middlebury College School in Paris, France. After graduating cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degrees from Middlebury College and a few years of work in Washington, D.C. and Florida, I began studies for a Master of Arts at the University of Vermont. I completed this degree and began working as an adjunct at the University of Denver that same fall. I joined the Department full time in 1993 as a Lecturer and became a Senior Lecturer in 2004. My position evolved to Teaching Full Professor in Fall, 2015.
- MA, 19th-century French literature and Québécois literature, University of Vermont, 1990
- BA, French and German, Middlebury College, 1984
- American Association of Teachers of French
- American Conference of Teachers of Foreign Languages
- Colorado Conference of Foreign Language Teachers
- International Association for Language Learning Technology
- "Buy the Book: The Booksellers of Paris"
- "Words that place us; words that date us"
- Out of Sight in the City of Light