Professor; Undergraduate Director for Emergent Digital Practices
Emergent Digital Practices
Shwayder Art Building, 2121 E. Asbury St. Denver, CO 80208
What I do
As an emergent digital artist and investigator, my concerted objective is to contribute to the restoration of ecological memory through a process of speculative creative inquiry across the art | science interface.
Biomedia, Art-science fusions, Sustainable design
His course areas include interactive art, sustainable design, biomedia, emergent digital systems and research methods.
Timothy received a MFA in Sculpture from University of Colorado at Boulder in 1993, a MS in Environmental Engineering and a BS in Microbiology from Purdue University. His research areas include biomedia, bio/eco acoustics, emerging interactions, live cinema, immersive environments, sustainable design, ecosemiotics, and ecological memory.
More information and current projects can be found at
- MFA, Fine Arts/Sculpture/Installation, University of Colorado at Boulder, 1993
- MS, Environmental Engineering, Biological Systems, Purdue University, 1978
- BS, Microbiology, Purdue University, 1976
- Society for Literature, Science and the Arts
- Association of Computing Machinery
Areas of Research
- ECAT-An EcoAcoustic Toolkit for research and the Advancement of scientific and creative literacy in ecology
- A Data Transcoding Toolkit and Spatiotemporal Listening Environment for the Creative and Scientific Exploratoin of Emerging Sonification Interactions with Deep Ocean Microbial Ecology (soniDOME)