Michael James Gibson-Light
Michael's current book, under contract with Oxford University Press, examines lived experiences of prison life and labor. Following 18 months of ethnographic research in a US state prison complex where he worked alongside imprisoned workers, it explores the structure and practices of work behind bars. In so doing, it documents the reproduction of social inequalities in this setting.
- Ph.D., Sociology, University of Arizona, 2019
- MA, Sociology, University of Arizona, 2013
- BA, Sociology, University of Missouri - St. Louis, 2009
- American Sociological Association
- American Society of Criminology
- Law and Society Association