What I do
I am an applied economist focused on the distribution of income between individuals as well as between groups.
Income Inequality, Income Distribution, Labor Economics
- Ph.D., Economics, New School for Social Research, 2010
- MA, Economics, New School for Social Research, 2004
- BS, Aerospace Engineering, California Polytechnic State University, 2000
- American Economics Association
- Eastern Economics Association
- Western Economics Association International
- Association of Social Economics
The second project I am involved in was started by Christine Ngo (now at Bucknell University), Yavuz Yasar, and myself, and generously supported by a PROF grant. Using novel UNU-WIDER data on manufacturing in Vietnam, we investigate gender differences in firm management practices across manufacturing sub-sectors. The results of this work have been presented at conference and are being prepared for submission to a suitable outlet.
- Edith Henry Johnson Memorial Award in Economics, Civil Affairs, and Education, The New School for Social Research