Joshua C Wilson
What I do
Associate Professor of Political Science
American Politics, Law & Society, Abortion Politics, Conservatism
- Ph.D., Jurisprudence & Social Policy, University of California, Bekeley, 2006
- Law & Society Association
His first book, The Street Politics of Abortion: Speech, Violence, and America's Culture Wars (Stanford University Press), was released in August of 2013. His second book, The New States of Abortion Politics (Stanford University Press) was released in June of 2016. A third co-authored book, Separate but Faithful: How the Christian Right is Reshaping Law Through Legal Education, has been accepted for publication with Oxford University Press and is expected to be released in 2020. The research for the most recent book received grant support from the National Science Foundation.
Related popular media pieces that he has authored have been placed in Newsweek, TIME, The Washington Post's Monkey Cage, The Christian Science Monitor, The Hill, The Pacific Standard, and elsewhere.
For more on his research and writing in all areas, please see https://joshuacwilsonsite.wordpress.com.
- Collaborative Research: The Efficacy of Support Structures for Legal Mobilization
- Political Questions as Legal Questions: Mobilizing Courts in American Abortion Politics
- Higher Law: Understanding the US Conservative Christian Legal Movement and its Support Structures
- Scholarly Networks & Capital in the Conservative Christian Legal Movement’s Newly Created Law Schools
- Support Structures and Legal Mobilization: Lessons in Movement Building and Efficacy from New Christian Law Schools & Training Programs