What I do
I am an Associate Professor of German Studies and teach German language, literature, film and philosophy in the Department of Languages and Literatures.
- Ph.D., German Studies, Indiana University, 2000
- “Narrating the Alpine War – Luis Trenker and ‘the Heroes of Narvik’.”
- “The Alps as Volkssanatorium for a Defeated Nation: The Changing Nature of Alpinism during and after the War.”
- Mountains as Monuments: The White War in the Publications of the Alpine Club.”
- The Alps as German Lebensraum: Cinematic Representations of the Alpine War.”