Graduate Financial Aid & Awards
We strive to ensure our doctoral students have the financial support needed to pursue innovative research both on and off campus. We provide tuition waivers, stipends and grants for our graduate students, who can supplement this support with additional aid through DU's University Graduate Fellowship and Inclusive Excellence Awards.
Full Tuition Waiver and Stipend
- All students in years 1–4 receive full tuition and a stipend (and many receive both in years 5 and 6).
- Health insurance: The University pays for health insurance for all full-time students in years 1–4.
- University Graduate Fellowship: up to $4,500
- Inclusive Excellence Awards: up to $4,500
Harry Gollob Award
The Psychology Department presents the Harry Gollob Award to a current graduate student for the best first author publication. The chosen publication describes work done at the University of Denver and has either been published or in press in the past 2 years.
The award is named after former faculty member and Department Chair Harry Gollob. As a statistician, Harry played a huge role in almost every graduate student's training here. The Department honors his memory by having this award for graduate students.
To qualify for the award:
- The student must be the first author.
- The submission must be from a current graduate student.
- The article must cover work done at DU.
- The article must be published or in press during the past 2 years.
The call for submissions for the Harry Gollob Award is made each spring. Members of the Department's Graduate Affairs Committee read all the papers submitted and choose the winner. The winner receives an engraved plaque and his or her name is added to the plaque displayed on the first floor of the Department. Resubmissions are encouraged.
CAHSS Financial Support
The College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences offers a student research award to offset travel and other expenses, and enable students to complete research or creative works.
DU Financial Support
In addition to the aid that the College and Department provide, we encourage you to make use of DU's scholarships, grants and financial aid services.