Coordinator, Public Relations
What I do
As an oboist who has played in many formats and genres, and who has worked as a full-time orchestral musician, freelancer, administrator, and teacher at all levels and on multiple instruments, I help my students become the best version of themselves and prepare them for a 21st-century career.
Oboe, English horn, Chamber music, Reed making, Performance Practice
Ian is an active performer throughout Colorado, playing frequently with the Colorado Symphony and professional ensembles across the Front Range. He has performed at the Sarasota Music Festival, the festival at the Banff Arts Centre in Canada, the Music Masters Festival of Japan, the Casals Festival of Puerto Rico and the AIMS festival in Austria. His major teachers include Richard Killmer, Erin Hannigan, Terry Keevil and Ceci Lagarenné.
Ian's students have earned scholarships to top music schools, including Eastman, and have performed as soloists and regular members of professional orchestras.
- Other, Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris, 2012
- MM, Oboe Performance, Southern Methodist University, 2010
- BM, Oboe Performance, Eastman School of Music, 2008
- International Double Reed Society
- American Federation of Musicians