Coordinator, Public Relations
What I do
Oboist, orchestral musician, freelancer, reed maker, administrator, and teacher.
Oboe, English horn, Chamber music, Reed making, Performance Practice
Ian is an active performer throughout Colorado, playing frequently with the Colorado Symphony and professional ensembles across the Front Range. He has performed at the Sarasota Music Festival, the festival at the Banff Arts Centre in Canada, the Music Masters Festival of Japan, the Casals Festival of Puerto Rico and the AIMS festival in Austria. His major teachers include Richard Killmer, Erin Hannigan, Terry Keevil and Ceci Lagarenné.
Ian's students have earned scholarships to top music schools, including Eastman, and have performed as soloists and regular members of professional orchestras.
- Independent Studies, Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris, 2012
- MM, Oboe Performance, Southern Methodist University, 2010
- BM, Oboe Performance, Eastman School of Music, 2008
- International Double Reed Society
- American Federation of Musicians