What I do
I make: games and interactive experiences; toys and other interactive objects; in the contexts of design and art; that are both virtual and tangible; that are both interactive and playful; that are both smart and accessible.
Rafael received an MFA in Graphic Design from the Rhode Island School of Design in 1993, a BFA and a BA in Studio Art with a concentration in Design from the University of Texas at Austin. He was a Michener Fellow in Publishing at the University of Texas Press in 1991. Rafael’s research areas include design methods, design education, design pedagogy, ludology, meaningful play, and semiotics.
- MFA, Graphic Design, Rhode Island School of Design, 1993
- BA, Art, University of Texas at Austin, 1990
- BFA, Design, University of Texas at Austin, 1990
- Kids, Art, and Games: Workshop and Game Camp at the University of Denver
- Mi Tierra Here and There
- I.D. Fifty, I.D. The International Magazine of Design