The Online Certificate in Performance and Orchestral Audition Preparation offers students the opportunity to focus and prepare their skills and repertoire to audition for professional orchestras. Committing to rigorous lessons in their major instrument and detailed lessons in orchestral repertoire, students will be prepared to bring improved skills to various orchestral settings.
In this one-year certificate program, students focus deeply on applied lessons and orchestral audition preparation through a total of four credits each quarter, propelling them to higher levels of artistry.
About the Program
Applicants must complete the graduate application, schedule a live Zoom interview, and submit a recorded video audition. Please prepare the following, lasting roughly 20 minutes:
- A solo piece of your choice
- Three standard orchestral excerpts of your choice
The Online Certificate in Performance and Orchestral Audition Preparation is available for these instruments:
- 6 credit hours of MUPR 4000-level Applied Lessons on major instrument (2 credit hours per quarter)
- 6 credit hours of MUPR 4000-level Applied Lessons orchestral repertoire (2 credit hours per quarter)
- One traditional solo recital or innovative performance project.
- Juries, as required by the performance area.
- Two Orchestral Audition Juries in Audition Format (Winter and Spring Quarters).
Note: Candidates will normally be enrolled in the Online Certificate program for one year. A candidate may, however, request to remain in school longer with the stipulation that they must enroll in applied performance and orchestral repertoire lesson every quarter, even after the required number of credits have been met.