The Online Certificate in Performance and Recording & Production offers a flexible opportunity to hone musical practice and extend understanding of recording and production. With an equal combination of applied lessons and music production courses, students will be prepared to take their careers to the next level.
In this one-year certificate program, students will take two credits of applied lessons and two credits of music production each quarter, developing a balanced approach to musical performance and production.
About the Program
Applicants must complete the graduate application, submit a recorded video audition, and schedule a live Zoom interview.
You are encouraged, but not required, to submit an audio recording that you have engineered or produced. Include a written explanation of the production techniques you used.
Please select the appropriate studio page to view your specific audition requirements.
- 6 credit hours of MUPR 4000-level Applied Lessons on major instrument (2 credits per quarter)
- 6 credit hours of MUPR 4040 Music Production (2 credits per quarter)
- One traditional solo recital or innovative performance project.
- Juries, as required by the performance area.
- Culminating project in the secondary area (may be combined with solo recital).
Note: Candidates will normally be enrolled in the Online Certificate program for one year. A candidate may, however, request to remain in school longer with the stipulation that they must enroll in applied performance and music production lessons every quarter, even after the required number of credits have been met.